Tuesday 27 February 2007

Not in the Letters Page

After a good start where I posted pretty much every day I have been particulary slack in updating my blog over the last week. In my defence it has been a pretty hectic week as the campaign steps up a gear as 3rd May gets ever closer.

So to ease myself back in I thought I would just put up a short posting today to bring to people's attention the existence of a new website that a friend has established. It is called "Not in the Letter's Page" and can be found at http://notintheletterspage.wordpress.com/

The premise of the site (if the name hasn't already given it away) is to allow a few likeminded individuals who are regular writers to the newspapers but who for one reason or another seem to find it hard to get their letters published (and yes, I am one of these said individuals).

It often seems that the papers prefer the regular same old faces getting their letters onto their pages. My friend was getting pretty cheesed off by this. His and other likeminded individuals seeming inability to get their letters taken prompted his decision that the only way to have them published was starting up the website. Pop by and have a look at what he describes as "what the Glasgow Herald don't want you to read".

No comments: