Tuesday 6 March 2007

60 days to go!

I should start off by saying that the title of this post is slightly misleading. There are actually less than 60 days left till polling now - 57 to be precise! I had intended on posting with 60 days to go, but seem to be finding time to work on my blog hard to come by at the moment, as the campaign intensifies even further.

It is quite astonishing to think that we are only just under two months away from the Scottish Parliament election. I was selected to contest the Cumbernauld and Kilsyth constituency for the SNP around a year ago, yet the day where my selection was confirmed seems much more recent in my mind. However, we are now in the "home stretch" and the day itself will soon enough be upon us.

In some ways I am glad it is almost over, in others it doesn't seem like enough time! However, we enter this period in good heart, secure in the knowledge that more people are coming over to support independence and the SNP each and every day. The opinion polls have made for excellent reading. Never this close to an election have we been polling so strongly and on such a consistent basis. However that is not to become complacent. I shall continue to work hard between now and 3rd May to try and secure that all important SNP victory in Cumbernauld and Kilsyth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep working hard. A good slogan would be vote Liberal Democrat - a Labour saving device.