Wednesday 28 March 2007

The Polls Before the Polls

Once again apologies for the lull in postings on the blog of late. Reverting to the excuse I used previously, but I have been totally rushed off my feet of late with the campaign as we approach frantic phase of the election.

Anyway, today's Times Newspaper made for interesting reading. They published a poll undertaken by Populus on their behalf which indicates that the SNP message in this campaign is really resonating with people across Scotland. It suggests that we are fully ten percentage points ahead of Labour on the constituency vote. This is obviously fantastic news from my perspective and certainly made for pleasant reading this morning.

However, despite is being an oft used cliche, the only poll that really matters is that on election day itself. So, although I enjoyed today's story I won't be taking anything for granted. A lot of work has still to be put in between now and 3rd May to ensure that we get the sort of result suggested in today's Times and that we win in Cumbernauld and Kilsyth. I intend to make that my primary objective over the coming weeks - so expect fewer and farther between posts on the blog!

For details of the poll have a look at:

http://www.populuslimited.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't this the same poll that puts Salmond and McConnell on equal preference for high heid yin? Seems dubious...

Anonymous said...

aye, it kind of undone the 'presidential campagin' strategy that you've been going for. maybe if salmond wasn't quite so smug.....