Friday 4 May 2007

That was the election that was

So it's all over and as most will probably know by now, we didn't manage to win the Cumbernauld and Kilsyth constituency. Naturally I am personally disappointed by this result. However, we still managed to increase our vote. A big thanks to the 10,593 people who voted for me and backed the SNP's campaign for progressive change.

And through my personal disappointment I am able to see the bigger picture which is that the SNP has won the Scottish Parliament election and ended up the largest party with 47 seats. I should also point out that I am one of those 47 members of the Scottish Parliament having been elected to represent the people of the Central Scotland region. So whilst I am disappointed not to be the MSP for Cumbernauld and Kilsyth, I am delighted to have been elected to serve in Scotland's Parliament for the next four years.

Thank you to all who have contacted me through the blog over the course of the campaign. Feel free to contact me on jamie.hepburn@snp.org and keep in touch.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Both congratulations and commiserations Jamie, it has been truly fascinating to read about your campaign as it unfolded. I'm sure I speak for many in thanking you for keeping these pages updated so regularly.

Winning any Central seat is a very tough ask for any SNP candidate and it's abundantly clear you gave it your all. And then some.

So good luck on your Holyrood adventure, I'm sure you and your 46 colleagues won't let us down!

Anonymous said...

You can use your position to run again next time. Keep yourself high profile, and keep in touch with the issues affecting us here. Try raising them in the parliament, god knows, we need someone who will.

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark said...

Commiserations on the seat Jamie, but congrats on becoming an MSP. It took Nicola Sturgeon 3 goes to win Govan, so maybe next time?

Mark Russell

Anonymous said...

Well done Jamie. You fought a good, positive campaign. In 2011 you'll win Cumbernauld & Kilsyth and be the first member for that constituency then in our new independent parliament!

bethan said...

well done Jamie. You will make an excellent MSP..alongside Aileen. Great result for the SNP!

Anonymous said...

Well done Jamie - congratulations.

All the best

Calum MacLeod